TOTAL POUNDS LOST = 41,166
Combating Emotional Hunger
Many times the struggle with losing weight is not just diet or exercise. We face challenges when emotional hunger arises, especially during the holiday season when stress gets the best of us. Try to understand why you are feeling that way and really focus on "why am I hungry?" Make a list of ways to avoid emotional eating and go back to this list when emotional hunger hits. Face it head on by using these tips and tricks to combat emtional hunger:
- Take a bath or treat yourself to a massage.
- Get work around the house done!
- Take up a hobby to keep the mind occupied like working on a puzzle!
- Take my dogs for a walk.
- Drink water!
- Focus on your key goals and motivators for weight loss.
- Call a friend.
- Think about the long term goal and picture yourself in a new wardrobe!