TOTAL POUNDS LOST = 37,832
Summit With Confidence
How our programs work
Our programs are designed not only for weight loss, but to improve multiple outcomes including: body composition, metabolic health, physical symptoms, fitness, and future health events and complications. Programs are individualized based on your personal health profile and medical history. All programs are comprehensive, long term, and consist of a transition and maintenance program following active weight loss. We utilize a combination of tools including medical foods, very low calorie diets, ketogenic diets and prescription medications for weight loss. The medical foods are optional and not available except as part of a supervised medical weight loss program. They are scientifically formulated to promote fat loss, preserve lean tissue, and control hunger. They are convenient, can be used “on-the-go”, and many times lower cost than usual food.
Our programs begin with completion of enrollment forms, laboratory blood tests, and an in-office conversation with one of our Lifestyle Coaches during which the needed information wil be gatherd and organized for your individual new start visit with Dr. Valerie Sutherland. At that visit, you will have a limited physical exam and review of your medical history, medications, weight and diet history and she will give you an analysis of your current metabolic profile and treatment options suited for your personal health goals. As a team, you will select the treatment plan most suited to your lifestyle and goals. At this visit, Dr. Sutherland will make any needed adjustments to medications, as frequently drugs that treat high blood pressure or diabetes need to be adjusted or stopped.
Throughout your program, Dr. Sutherland and her health care team will partner with you through the 3 phases of weight loss: active phase, transition phase, and maintenance phase. While in active weight loss, you will be seen weekly. Your weight, blood pressure, and response to treatment will be assessed. If you have diabetes, your blood sugar and medications will be monitored closely. At the start of the program and every 4 weeks, you will have blood tests. These are all included in the program.
The amount of time in the active weight loss phase depends on you starting weight and your goal weight. The maintenance phase is the most important phase as weight regain without an oranized maintenance plan is so common. This is why it is essential to use a program where you are confident you will receive long term treatment. You will be given the tools and empowerment to feel more in control of your weight and the resoures of ongoing treatment to maintain the weight you have lost. Rest assured that your health is in trained, experienced hands.
Our Programs offer:
- Ambitious weight loss
- Medical evaluation for causes of weight gain
- Medical protocols including a Protein Sparing Modified Fast, or Very Low Calorie Diet
- Meal Replacement Programs
- Combined Meal Replacement and Grocery Food Programs
- Intensive, weekly follow up for accountability and support
- Nutrition, Behavior, and Exercise programs
- Metabolic and Fitness testing to individualize your program based on science
- Treatment for medical conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and obstructive sleep apnea
- Maintenance Program
Very Low Calorie Diet
- Complete meal replacement
- For those with more than 30 pound to lose
- Requires medical screening and supervision
- Weekly in office visits during weekdays
Modified Low Calorie Diet
- Combined meal replacement and Grocery Food Plan
- For those with 10 pounds or more to lose
- Requires medical screening
- May attend Saturday Group Visit if medically appropriate weekly for 8 weeks, then biweekly, or Weekly in office visits during weekdays
- Complimentary Saturday Group Visit for those who complete a weight loss program
- May continue to use medical foods 1-2 times per day