TOTAL POUNDS LOST = 41,166
Medical Weight Loss
Medical weight loss is a medical specialty in which the physician utilizes a combination of tools to reduce body fat. Treatment plans are individualized based on your metabolic profile, health conditions, and lifestyle. Tools that are used include weight loss medications, medical foods, and strategies in nutrition, behavior, and exercise. All programs are based on the latest scientific research and professional treatment guidelines. Dr. Sutherland is a member of the Obesity Medicine Association (OMA). The Obesity Medicine Association is the leading association for physicians and other health care providers dedicated to the comprehensive medical treatment of patients affected by excess body fat and associated conditions.
Whatever your goal or starting point, we have the right program for you. Within each program, Dr. Sutherland tailors treatments as well for you. She may stop, change, or start medications. She will monitor your progress and adjust your plan as needed as you go. These weight loss program descriptions are starting points. The advantage of being under the care of a physician is the ability to flex the treatment plan.
Features of all our medical weight loss programs include:
- Medically-supervised by a team of healthcare professionals led by a physician
- A multidisciplinary program of medical treatment by bard certified physican, behavior modification, nutrition education, physical activity education and individual support to reinforce lasting lifestyle changes
- Nutritionally complete medical foods with options that are whey free, soy free, gluten free and all natural
Benefits of our medical weight loss programs typically include:
- lowered blood pressure
- lowered blood sugar levels in clients with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes
- improved blood cholesterol
- reduced risk of developing diabetes, high blood pressure, or cardiovascular disease
- reduced pain in the spine and weight-bearing joints as well as potentially non weight-bearing joints
- reduced symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- reduced severity or remission of obstructed sleep apnea (OSA)
...And many more
Summary of Programs. All initial New Start Visits are in person. Weekly follow up visits may be done online, in person, or a combination, as long as medically appropriate as determined by Dr. Sutherland. Online visits may be covered by insurance, but may be reimbursed under flex spending accounts.
Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF) Meal Replacement Programs: fuses medical food meal replacements such as shakes, bars, soups, chips for all of nutrition, for those who have 30-40 pounds or more to lose.
Low Calorie Diet Meal Replacement Programs: uses medical food meal replacements such as shakes, bars, soups, chips for all of nutrition, for those who have less than 30-40 pounds to lose.
Modified Low Calorie Diet Programs: uses combination of grocery store food and medical food meal replacements such as shakes, bars, soups, chips for all of nutrition, for those who have 20 pounds or more to lose.
Grocery Store Food Programs: uses grocery store food only. Choose from ketogenic diet, controlled carbohydrate diet, balanced deficit diets
S.T.A.R. Maintenance Program: Steps to Avoid Regain. Weekly to Monthly to Bimonthly visits to monitor body composition and keep you at your peak.